Top Legal Experts REACT to most IMPORTANT legal news of the week – Legal AF 7/9/22
Anchored by MT founder and civil rights lawyer, Ben Meiselas and national trial lawyer and strategist, Michael Popok, the top-rated news analysis podcast LegalAF x MeidasTouch is back for another hard-hitting look in “real time” at this week’s most consequential developments at the intersection of law and politics. On this episode, Ben and Popok analyze:
1. Pat Cipollone (former chief white house counsel)’s potential bombshell 9 hour video testimony to the Jan6 Committee.
2. The Fulton County (Atlanta) Georgia Special Grand Jury investigating Trump’s election interference and its decision to subpoena Giuliani, Senator Lindsey Graham, Jenna Ellis and others.
3. The start of the Bannon criminal contempt of congress trial on July 18th , and his last minute (and likely unsuccessful) efforts to have Trump provide him a defense.
4. The DC Circuit Appellate Court’s ruling concerning the House Oversight Committee’s 2-year long efforts to get it hands on the Trump Organization’s long time accountant/auditor’s records about his business dealings while in office.
5. State abortion rights in the aftermath of the elimination of the constitutional right, and the Biden Administration’s recent executive orders to protect the right through federal agency rule-making.
6. Musk’s effort to walk away from his contractual obligation to buy Twitter, and whether the Delaware Chancery Court will ultimately order him to close on the purchase.
And so much more.
Remember to subscribe to ALL the Meidas Media Podcasts:
Legal AF: https://pod.link/1580828595
The PoliticsGirl Podcast: https://pod.link/1595408601
The Influence Continuum: https://pod.link/1603773245
Kremlin File: https://pod.link/1575837599
Mea Culpa with Michael Cohen: https://pod.link/1530639447
The Weekend Show: https://pod.link/1612691018
The Tony Michaels Podcast: https://pod.link/1561049560
Zoomed In: https://pod.link/1580828633